Saturday, September 9, 2017

One size does not fit all

If I had a dime for every time someone called me fat
I’d own a strip mall
And house the homeless

If I had a dime for every time I heard “she has such a pretty face”
I’d have enough for a boob job
Then I’d make real money somewhere else with my pretty face and big tits

If I had a dime for every time I was picked last at a school dance
I’d buy a value meal at the nearest drive thru
And cry into my fries

If I had a dime for every time I compared myself to someone else
Las Vegas clubs could come to me for loans
And referrals for plastic surgeons

If I had a dime for every time I lusted after a boy that didn’t like me back
I’d have enough to buy out a large magazine
And write real articles about shit that really matters to young women – build them up instead of destroying their concepts of self with articles about “How to Keep Your Man”

If I had a dime for every time I read the nutritional label and questioned whether it was a “good” or a “bad” food
I’d have enough accumulated funds to give companies like Lean Cuisine a run for their money
The sodium counts on those things are deadly and I’d hardly call it “cuisine”

If I had a dime for every time I cried myself to sleep
I could pay for some much needed therapy I didn’t get
And you wouldn’t be reading this shit




2 comments: