Thursday, September 14, 2017

All Apologies

I hope that your self-righteousness keeps you warm at night
That your uncanny ability to never be wrong in any given situation
Is a comfort when you’re all alone
But indulge my curiosity; you owe me that – and I’m quite done playing nice with you
Is it lonely ordering for just one?
Just you. Always you.
You and your pride.
Tell me, when you go to ask a question and see that no one’s there
No one to listen to you chirp
Does your ego swoop in to warm you?
What occupies the space your heart once held?
Oh, how I’d like to score your name from all memory
Chalk you up to some astrological anomaly; Mercury in retrograde, or some shit
Or a terrible hormonal imbalance
Without logic I allowed you inside my walls
Unguarded and without reason I danced the dance
I took you at your word
I let your words become my reality
I bought your bullshit ticket for a ride on your fucked up crazy train
And rode that bitch till the wheels feel off
But you wouldn’t know anything about that would you?
So preoccupied with yourself and your needs
Too consumed with mollifying my unease
Calming my distress
Reassuring me of what a good and solid man you were
In an attempt to keep me around
How’d that work out for you?
You strangled the life out of it
Kicking dirt in my face the whole time
Now you see the wicked side
Of me
As I’ve see the ugly and hollow in you
Care to dance or are you saving this one for your ego again?










  

2 comments: