Thursday, August 10, 2017

Strike while hot

I have to be in the mood
To drink 
To smoke
To write
Dance or even to fuck
It's a conscious effort on my part
A stage to set 
With actors and scenes
This shit bar offers few options
The married man staring hard at my tits
The woman in the corner whose husband left her
And the drunk in the corner who pissed himself
But then - just then I see him
He'll do - just the right kind of man 
For tonight - perhaps tomorrow if I don't bore of him 
Mood; like jazz notes hanging
Heavy
In the summer night air 
And if neither of us speaks
Our lines are
Perfect
When you think about how easily it all goes wrong 
It's easier to never begin
Instead we dance
And drink
And fuck 
I'll write until dawn and when the sun is on the avenue below
He'll leave
And I am alone again
Maybe I'll be lonely again 
Sometime 
Or maybe not
It's easier to never start
But sometimes 
The mood catches me 
And I'm fucked


1 comment: