Friday, August 18, 2017

A thoughtful moment is all

“Understand that all beings want to communicate. Even if the person shows no outward signs of it – he may not be making eye contact, he may be repeating behaviors over and over, or he may be smashing your TV set but he IS communicating. I believe there is no such thing as “random behavior.” Every behavior has an intention behind it.” – Lea M. Hill

I was reading this passage earlier from the book “Women of Spirit,” pg. 109 and I was thinking about how this true this is of all people, not just those that are Autistic; as was being discussed in this particular passage. I may choose not to speak about the issues that are bothering me in my life and in so doing, I end up repeating behaviors that get me there in the first place. I have a nasty habit of trying to do everything on my own; I hate asking for help – cut off my own nose to spite my face.

The problem is, if you follow this thread of not asking and not communicating and then continuing to act out in the same mannerisms; those things that pop up in your life that you think are so “random” whether they be the behaviors or the consequences, they are not so random at all – they are in direct correlation to your active participation of your life.


Communicate. Listen. To others. With yourself. 

2 comments:

  1. There is so much going on inside Megs' head that is hard to communicate, but I'm always amazed at the empathy she shows at just the right time in the right manner.

    ReplyDelete