Friday, July 21, 2017

Hocus Smokus

Usually when people say that they "talk with the dead" they mean that do some seance shit around a table to hustle people out of their hard earned money. Or maybe they have a Madam Cleo act they do over the the 900 lines for $1.75/min - or whatever the fuck the going rate is. Maybe they even get into character and wear some shit on their heads and impart a fake accent. More power to you. Today I stumbled upon (or fell into) the depths of my crazy. It's deep in there ya'll

I'll keep this brief as the hour is late and honestly I think I just scared the piss out of myself.

As I was sifting through my friends list on Facebook, like a 13 yr old deciding who was "cool enough" to invite to 'like' my brand new shiny blog page, I ran across an old friend. Don't get excited, about your own invitation, I invited a dead guy. At first there were people that I thought "I might piss them off" and passed them by, but not this dead guy. That's saying something. I never even met this man, but he held a place in my heart. Still does. Always will. There are days that I still think of him - like today. As I type this, I imagine that he would be ever so proud of me. I can see him sitting at his desk in front of his little computer too, staring out that window and watching the planes go by. Fuck LA. Randal, I miss our talks; even if I was hammered and pissed you off. I miss you bitching at me about what the fuck I was going to do with myself and then asking me to edit your shit. I miss your telling me what to do for stomach aches then telling to "straighten up and get my shit together." I may not have my shit together, but I'm straightening up and I invited you to the show.

All you other twats got invited too, but only because the Facebook assistant told me it was a good idea. I'll play nicer next time, my heart just hurts a little right now....

2 comments:

  1. Hocus would be really proud of you for coming out the other side of crazy. I miss him every September becasuse that's when we lost him. I was in Mexico and no one could understand my pain over losing someone I never met. He was so pissed at you for calling at 4:00am in the morning, but he loved you more than you know. Nope you never met, but you've known him all your life. He was you, only with H instead of booze.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you saw this to comment. I'm really missing him something fierce right now. I really feel like he can see me. Somewhere up there (or out there) I know he accepted my shitty request.

    ReplyDelete