Friday, June 1, 2018

Monster truck day dreams and shitty kids


Some days are harder than others.

This morning I dropped my son off at school. It should have been like any other day. My head-space, however, was muffled. All the activity taking place around us seemed to crawl by; like an underwater carousel. If I listened attentively I could faintly make out the sinister plucking of a music box’s song. I was on autopilot. That’s always reassuring – does it comfort you to know that I may share the same school parking lot with your child? Blindly wielding a multi-thousand lb. vehicle through a narrow access passage where children and other moms in athletic wear saunter while chatting over their morning lattes and flat whites? Incredibly distracted and mildly hateful – my daydream of monster trucking through the parking lot is cut short.

I noticed a pattern. That pattern shook me from my happy place. ALL the cars in that parking lot were either minivans, SUVs, or pickup trucks. The colors were all either garnet, slate, or white. There was no deviation. Suddenly I felt like a replicant. Was I in Gattaca? Are all my choices predetermined or set by class? This is some fucking bullshit right here! I snapped from my fog and looked around. Every bitch looked the same. Hair tied in a floppy mess on the top of her head, large framed sunglasses, athletic pants (or yoga pants for the rest of you – I just even hate saying it) and some coffee or tea carrying vessel. Holy fuck! I think all of them laughed in unison; tossing their heads back at the same time. I’m going to die today. That’s what’s happening here.

Children varied drastically. I noticed one of the boys seemed unruly - running wild. He was hitting his mother while she attempted to hold his hand and keep him from climbing on a brick retaining wall. She continued to walk and talk with her girlfriend; paying no attention to him, or at least pretending not to. Sorry, fuck that shit! If my kid was slapping me, (which he never did because he fucking knows better) I would calmly interrupt the conversation with my BFF so that I could address my demon seed. I’d firmly grab him by his shitty little shoulders and remind him that he’s liable to hurt himself if he keeps acting a fool. We address bad behavior incrementally. First the warning, then the action, and finally we give the child up for adoption because who needs that kind of bullshit?

I don’t give a fuck what anyone says about disciplinary action; my mom only ever hit me once, I earned that shit though. I don’t agree with beating your kids, but if your child is an unruly brat, a firm hand is sometimes required. You need to be the judge of that. Hopefully you’re not a dimwitted asshole with rage tendencies yourself. We’ve let children get away with too much in the name of allowing them to “express themselves” or be “authentic” and “individual.” Of course they’re authentic and individual! They’ll eat spaghetti out of their rain boots that they’ve worn in the middle of summer if you let them. So…

Don’t let little people walk all over you. Make the rules, stand by them, make them accountable. Those little assholes will lead us. Please, don’t allow them to become (or remain) sniveling little pussies who believe they’re entitled to everything under the goddamn sun. Obviously, I’m speaking of children and not midgets, although you shouldn’t let midgets walk all over you either. It’s just good practice to hold people accountable to and for their actions.

Wow, this started with the cars in the parking lot. Now I hate uniformity in moms and shitty little kids. Awesome! More on rage and hate later. For now, I need to focus this hostility at people I work with. I’m going out of town for a week, so I only have a few precious hours to make certain they know I barely tolerate them.
Image result for music box ballerina

No comments:

Post a Comment