Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Rock, Whiskey, Pigeon?

Saturday night and I’m dressed like a boy again. Black jeans, tank top, boots and virtually no make-up. I’ve got my earbuds in as I make my down to the 7-11 where I’ll meet my girlfriend who is sure to be dressed the same; and no, we’re not lesbians – we’re going to a bar to listen to what is sure to be a terrible cover band. We meet up with our other girlfriend [also not a lesbian] and the shit show can begin. To be fair; we did not have a clue how epic the evening would be. Spray butter will never be the same!

For the record it’s 9pm and already past my geriatric bedtime, but I am in dire need of some levity in my life. This shitty bar seems like the perfect spot. As an alcoholic in recovery I was warned about what a “rough” place this was and how it’s only good for one thing – drinking. To this I say: bullshit. From what I saw, it’s good for shitty pool playing, live music, drinking, atrocious dancing and one night stands.

If any of us had gone in there wearing heels and a skirt, our intentions would have been clear. Instead, the three of us went in looking like something out of a fucking John Hughes movie. Jill was at least wearing makeup; I think people may have thought we were there to pimp her off until Jeff showed up. Suddenly people were very confused. First it was just Beth and I - and that made sense to people. Then Jill showed up with the make-up and the curled hair and people were like “Oh shit! They’re about to fight over the pretty blonde!” Girl fight at the local dive bar…rawk! When Jeff showed up he was suddenly the luckiest man in the room. I had already assessed the entire situation and knew all exit points and all available weaponry.

            Pool cues against the wall
            Large fish hanging on the wall above the cues
            Exposed wiring above pool table for lighting
            Bar stools
            Cocktail waitress carrying trays – so fun to use those!! Smash or Frisbee
            Indoor Christmas lighting makes for great hogtie

Rule number #1 of being a chick – know your fucking surroundings --- all the goddamn time.

The four of us are sitting at a little table when the band walks on stage. There aren’t words for what we saw. I’ll include photos at the end of this and a short and blurry video. I think Jeff said it best when he said it was if four random people just got on stage together because they knew how to play instruments. The lead singer looked like he crawled out from under a car he had been working on, the bass player looked like he had just come from his little cousins quinceanera – but like a real angry one and he had maybe just gotten out of jail, and the guitar player…hold on…I have to change my underwear. SPLOOSH! This dude is walking comedy.

Fabio is playing guitar. I shit you the fuck not! It was the strangest thing. The last time I saw this dude he was pushing spray butter. Sidebar: I’m fairly certain that’s what he uses to keep his hair manageable while onstage. I have to imagine his hair is way fucked up at the end of a show. I had to do a little research as to what model fan he uses during shows to keep cool and also provide maximum lift to his coif; but I am fairly certain I’ve nailed it. Fabio uses the Lasko 12.25 inch 3-speed velocity fan. It’s available at Lowe’s, has a 4.5-star rating and has a pivoting blower head. That shit is important! From scalp to nuts, this guy is cool and dry. And the kicker? It matches is ax. I am dying as I type this – I am back in that dimly lit bar making eyes at him; hoping…no…praying he looks my way. I tried so hard to get that arrogant twat looking in my direction. He has a go-pro on his guitar. A fucking go-pro! We’ll discuss that momentarily.

The whole evening was a culmination of me assassinating wardrobe, intelligence and talent of those around us, the four of us dancing, and roaring laughter. It was the kind of laughter that even drowned out the band and the many filters he was using to help give us the impression he had some semblance of talent. I think I could probably do better. Then again, I have a ginormous ego. He kept singing to this lumberjack chick in the corner too, so I’m a little resentful; maybe that’s it. I didn’t intend to have the brand of fun that I did that night. Beth looked at me at one point and said “thank God we didn’t drink together.” Amen to that, sister! I see our sexy asses in jail trading Ramen packets for anti-wrinkle cream and cat coloring books. That’s some fucked up and tragic shit. Jill is still on the outside because we need that hoe to bring us cupcakes.


What ever happened to Jeff? Well…they finally started playing Sweet Home Alabama and Jeff lost it. Tina had already told him where all the weaponry was and Jeff was thankful for that but he had bigger and better plans. He took Fabio’s pigeon and threw that bitch directly into the fan, he then took the mic from Earl the lead singer – dropped it and walked away. No one has heard from him since.  

Fabio and his go-pro still play and masturbate for masses. That’s what he does. He’s not even an accomplished guitarist if you ask me, yet there he was whipping his hair and lurching around the dance floor making love to himself and the neck of his guitar. Just a man and the frets. Fuck. I bet he misses his pigeon.



Product Image 1 

PLEASE NOTE THE FAN WILL MATCH HIS AX!!! LMFAO!!! 

11 comments:

  1. Wow, quite the night :-p
    Laughing my ass off thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shit, why did Jeff have to take it out on the poor pidgeon? And look, if you two bitches ever get thrown in jail you can consider me a ghost. Find another cupcake hoe, or bake your own damn cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG!!! I am fucking dying!!! I love you so much!! I have "for real" tears coming out of my eye holes right now. Ghost!

      Delete
  3. The fucking pigeon was guilty by association. FTP! What his fan did was make his doo float about his head like little angels. I had to take a moment to question my sexuality. But it was like watching a continuous shampoo commercial and I quickly regained my equilibrium. I have to give them credit though, every song they played, we knew, and like pavlovs dogs we couldn't not sing along. But yeah, IMHO sweet home Alabama should be against the law to play. It's where I make my stand in this life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were sitting with the only three women in the bar with most of their natural teeth and you still had to question your sexuality? Man, Fabio has some serious pull. I wanted so desperately to take the stiletto heels off that little Latin girl in the halter and jam them into the eyesockets of the lumberjack chick in the corner. She was stealing the attention on Earl. I wanted to start a bar fight, but I had already promised your pansy ass that I would finish any fights that you started - that's what friends are for. Let's do that again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe if you start traveling with your own fan? It was so reminecient of a harlequin romance book cover, and it's just tough to fight that kind of marketing. Don't use me as an excuse not to beat up lumberjane, ya pussy. Maybe we can follow them on their north county tour, like deadheads? That'd be swell, just say the word.

      Delete
    2. I'm in but no animals will be harmed in the making of this next adventure. And No Jeff..... YOU FTP!

      Delete
    3. Two things need to be covered: 1) video of shenanigans 2) someone needs to make sure to have bail money AND be willing to use it. Sober people in jail don't last long. It all too real.

      Delete
    4. Guess I'm on video duty because until I get moved into my new place I'ma broke bitch.

      Delete