Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Women of Spirit

Food for thought as I am examining the part I play in all of my relationships. I am reading a friends book: "Women of Spirit," compiled and edited by, Marie Manning and I stumbled upon a passage written by Grace Ventura, who is a Wellness-Coach. I needed to share - big surprise, but maybe it will help someone else as well. 
"Responsibility is defined as the ability to respond. What truly is my ability? How much energy can I manage? This is determined by my health, vitality and care of myself in mind, body and spirit...as well as my willingness to let go of the old beliefs that dis-empower and disable me. And then comes boundaries. Knowing where my internal limits are and honoring them without making myself wrong...limits about what feels like enough...either too much or too little." pg. 61
The relationships I hold with others as well as the one I am creating with myself pivot on this principle and perhaps that is why this struck me today. Maybe (hopefully) someone else will get something out of it today too. 

1 comment:

  1. "responsibility is the ability to respond."
    I see from that quote why it's important to live life fully because that's how you take responsibility.

    ReplyDelete