Saturday, August 12, 2017

Table for 1

there is a line upon which I dance
a thin line and wavering line
gently undulating
or
violently careening
between
insanity,
greatness,
destruction
wildfire
and the rainstorm that calms my soul
burn it all to the ground
walk away from it all
laughing madly

dark hallways and alleys you fear
places you’re sure
to lose your mind
you’ll find me there
at a table for one
crying out my song for all to hear
ferocious heart
ungovernable will
a siren in the empty streets
inspiration can be a lonely place
pull up a chair

found my worth
one day
in losing my battle with self
set beliefs ablaze
cut the fat
and it burn it too
dance around the fire
i’ll keep you warm
"safe" is not my cup of tea
these days
but you can dance with me
if you like






No comments:

Post a Comment