Thursday, August 24, 2017

Seasonal Depression

I am tattered in places
Worn around my soft edges
I stare through the frames
Time
Structure
It all plays like reiteration of my favorite verse
or favorite tune
Like keys on a piano
Replicating themselves until I can hear
Nothing else
Blinding sound
Snapshots of memories formulate behind my eyelids
Like a child’s Viewfinder
Each click releasing me from
Innocence
Each turn
A simple dance
Whispers and shadows gather
On the floor at my feet
They pull at the hems
Taunt me in their usual fashion
Close my eyes tightly
Until the light comes
Until it’s safe
Again
With my tattered dress
And softened shoulders I dare to march on
Trusting where I stood
Space and time occupied
By “Her”
Is merely space on a dancefloor,
Song ended

I am free to leave

No comments:

Post a Comment