Friday, July 21, 2017

Andre fucked up my pour over

I was never going to be one of those snotty blogger whores. You were never going to catch my ass at a coffee shop writing a review of the latest pop or folk or punk album while sipping some pour over that the barista stirred with his finger because I was a bitch or couldn't control my facial expressions yet again. Nope. Not me. Did you know that Company of Thieves is touring again? This Ethiopian pour over is bitter, make me another one Andre. So here we are. Kinda fun, right? 

As someone who's relatively new to the whole process, I have questions. How many of these bad boys am I supposed to bump out on the regular? Is this like bowel movements? Am I supposed to have one daily? Is it bad to have more than one? If it's difficult or strenuous - like vein popping in my forehead type shit, is it safe to step away? I mean what if I lose that thread? I am putting effort into this stuff. Well, kinda...What if I go days without? Emotional constipation. Then there are repercussions right? No one wants the shit that lives inside me erupting all over them. Straight Ghostbusters yuckage! So these are very serious questions for this novice writer. 

Between messing around with my writing today and doing the work they actually pay me to do, I was trolling Facebook and looking at a friends page whose husband is presenting at Comic-Con. So many cool costumes! I got to thinking about who some of my heroes are/were!  All my heroes are white trash beer guzzling swearing machines. Maybe "all" is an exaggeration, but not too far off the mark. There's these shows; you may have heard of them: My Name is Earl and Shameless. Yep. High standards. Andre, is my fucking pour over ready??!!!
Image result for my name is earl joy

Image result for shameless


2 comments:

  1. You are supposed to bleed your soul as you need. I've learned the more I do the more I find myself. Sometimes people find themselves in whimsical things I create that I would have never expected. There should never be a limit to a body of work nor expectations on a reception. Maybe at some point in this journey you will look at your body of work and refine it to hard cover. Maybe somebody will see something in a blog that you didn't, comment, and it will take on a whole new meaning for you and open your mind to other things. Be vulnerable, abundant and unconventional!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't be here without your encouraging! Thank you!

      Delete